An online dashboard where your customers log in and see how they’re doing on their water use. It uses a simple and familiar way to score water use and your customers get personalized suggestions for water savings.
This report card is designed to help you boost your conservation efforts by leverage social behavior norms at a much lower cost than competitive products.
There’s no hardware to install in your district and no changes to your water bill. No in-house training or personnel are needed to operate the program. Pay only for customers who use the tool and extras you need for your district.
Why a conservation report card?
Much attention has been paid to the conservation effectiveness of social norms in both the energy sector and the water sector. Unfortunately many of today’s solutions don’t pass a cost-benefit analysis, but that doesn’t mean the idea isn’t right.
We find homeowners misinterpret their water bills and are unaware of how much water they should be using, or more importantly, how much they’re wasting. This simple, online tool helps customers put their water use in perspective of your district’s goals and your community’s norms.
- Provides six months of year-over-year comparisons in a familiar bar chart
- Grades the customer with a familiar letter grade, “A” through “Needs Work” (because nobody wants to be a failure)
- Compares each customer to everyone in the water district and to others with similar property size
- Lets the customer edit number of people living in the house to get a better understanding of indoor vs outdoor water use
- Asks questions to provide customers with personalized suggestions on how to use less water, indoors and outdoors
Those personalized suggestions
In addition to offering our own suggestions to urge homeowners toward greater conservation, we can customize your water district’s report card tool with suggestions most appropriate for your area. Some of our suggestions, which demonstrate their impact on their personal water use, include:
- Recommending a smart controller if the customer doesn’t have one
- If the customer has a lawn, we recommend upgrading sprinkler nozzles
- If the customer has shrubs around the perimeter of the yard, we recommend switching to drip irrigation
- If the customer has more than four residents, we recommend shower and toilet upgrades
How we do it
- We assume 50 GPCD for indoor use, but you can customize this value, including giving us the formulas for your water budgets (if you have them).
- We use manufacturer data, statistics provided by trusted organizations, WUCOLS, and MAWA & ETWU to assess potential savings.
- Our indoor suggestions for water use are tied to the number of people living in the home.
- No personally identifiable data is shared with Water Wise Now, except by the user who optionally provides their email address.